Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My Least Favorites List

[Disclaimer - this is not to be taken personally by anyone. Especially since I don't know most of you personally anways! If you're offended by anything on my list...whatever. Though you are free to rant in the comments]

Looks like I've been tagged!

MOUTHBREATHERS
Okay, so this may sound a bit insensitive, but people who never close their mouths really get under my skin. I suppose, on the up side, they can't ever sneak up behind you because you'd be able to hear their heavy breathing and feel their stank breath on the back of your neck. The worst, when you have to eat dinner with one! They always chew with their mouths open. I understand that some people have difficult breathing, but there is a difference between those with difficulties and those who are just completely unaware.

HOTEL BATHROOMS
I think my mother really did a number on me, because I have many issues with cleanliness in public places. I hate using hotel bathrooms because so many people have used it before me. It's also impossible to say whether the cleaning crew is doing a decent job of cleaning. I never step barefoot into the bathtub or on the tile. Towels go down on the floor and in the tub and work as a shield against the filth. Hotel beds are gross too (the comforter...UGH), as are the carpets, etc.

DRIVING WHILE TALKING ON THE CELL
I don't think I need to go into detail on this one.

DRIVING AFTER DRINKING
Come on... You know you're going to be drinking. Just take a cab, bus, subway, etc. This is not okay!

NAIL PICKING, FOOD CRUNCHING, AND OTHER UNCOUTH MANNERISMS
These may seem strange, but they really grate on my nerves. Why do people pick at their nails? Some sort of nasty skin condition? Is there food stuck in there? OCD? Practicing for that Scratch & Win ticket? I'm not sure why these things are being picked at, and it sort of grosses me out. Sloppy eaters also gross me out. Luckily, most everyone I know has table manners. BUT, I don't like to hear you crunching on your Ranch flavored Dorito's, so please chew with your mouth closed!

UNCLEAN DISHES
Just because the sponge has soap on it, doesn't mean it automatically cleans the dishes! Muscle power! SCRUB!

All of this being said. I know I'm probably host to many other people's pet peeves. Again, no offense to anyone. These are just some of my little hang ups. ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! I am a major mouthbreather. Especially lately - being sick - I've annoyed myself lately with all my mouthbreathing.

Nate's a major mouthbreather too.

Blake said...

I've never noticed you as a mouthbreather. Besides, it doesn't count when you're sick. ;)

Pambo said...

Have to admit I had to go load the dishwasher before I could reply. Didn't want to be on your least fave list. I didn't even think about the hotel and public space bathrooms. They should be on every one's least fave list. It was a good list, all valid and not mean at all. You're Mr. Nice Guy. Now, pass that mouthbreather a breath mint!

Ashlee Osborn said...

Oh, no, yet another thing that I will now be OCD about: hotel rooms and bathrooms. Have you seen that undercover story on hotel glasses? It's so gross! Good list.