Thursday, January 15, 2009

Apparantly, Girls Still JUST Want To Have Fun


It appears that Cyndi has a new music video coming out in Japan. With the upcoming single "Echo", I assumed it was for that song, but it's for a remix (or mashup) of her new song "Set Your Heart" mixed with "Girls Just Want To Have Fun". Now, I'm glad to see the record company investing in a quality video (image above is from said video), but I'm sooo sick of the constant rehashing of that novelty song! After all of the great work she's done since the 80's, why is she always remembered for that song or "Time After Time"? Anydisappointment, I'm still glad to see a new video for her. Especially after all of the low budget vids she's had since the mid 90's.

3 comments:

Ashlee Osborn said...

Don't hate me for this, but I love "Time After Time." That is my favorite one of her songs. When it comes on in the car, I sing along at the top of my lungs (probably TMI).

I feel your pain, though. Hanson is my absolute favorite band (don't laugh). I have loved them and their music since the 7th grade. I get annoyed because non-fans only know them for "Mmm-bop." Their music has grown up a lot since then.

"When you're lost, you can look and you will find me." Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Pambo said...

Girl looks good in that photo. And I have to agree - move on from the just havin' fun stuff. I still haven't heard the new stuff, but, I live in the Midwest, and well, we're just not that cool around here.

Anonymous said...

Oh Blake.

I love Cyndi's music, but I especially love her hits of the 80s. Good stuff. I too sing along at the top of my lungs when I hear Time After Time, Girls Just Want to Have Fun, or True Colors. If you feel the need to hear my version of any of the above listed songs, please call me, and I'll be happy to sing them to you.

Thank you.

No autographs please.