Monday, February 23, 2009

Relax and have a Mental Margherita

This weekend, I received "Earth Girls Are Easy" via Netflix. I didn't have good expectations for this movie since the friend who recommended it to me told me it was a cheesey 80's flick. Oh, man! I loved it so much, I think I'm going to buy it! It's a campy, comedy/musical with a large cast of well-knowns (Gina Davis, Jeff Goldblum, Jim Carrey, Damon Wayans, and the incomparable Julie Brown). Here's a clip of my favorite song in the movie, "Cause I'm a Blond"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rNfZxgkH7k

Also, I actually didn't hate the Oscar's this weekend. I enjoyed the format for presentations, and most importantly, the red carpet! Since Mrs. Pam already posted the pics, I won't bother (thanks for saving me the trouble!)... I'm ready for Jack Black to go away. Ben Stiller wasn't that funny. Tina Fey looks amazing. Sophia Loren looks like Valentino. Brangelina, and Jen, need to disappear. Slumdog was excellent, but won more awards than it deserved. AND, I need to see that movie with Penelope Cruz.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very sad that I missed the Oscars.
:(

Pambo said...

About the Oscars:
Hugh Jackman.
Nice Dresses.
Too long.
Give 'em the dang statue and for crying out loud, don't let them speak.
Steve Martin - underappreciated
Jack Black - pleh.
Brad and Angelina - go raise your army of children and leave us alone.
Zac Ephron - don't slick your hair back - EVER.

I've never seen "Earth Girls are Easy." Now I want to.