Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Griffith Park & Observatory.

About a mile up the street from my apartment sits the Griffith Observatory. Many films have been shot at the Observatory and the surrounding park - such as: Rebel Without A Cause, Back To The Future, The Rocketeer, and so on. When I first moved here, almost a year ago now, I often went up to the park and explored the trails.

The weather is nice today and I'm sitting in the office wishing I were outside.

These pics are from last year. Here you can see the trails winding around the hills.

This pic is from the back side of Griffith Park and shows The Valley (Glendale) and, I believe, the San Gabriel Mountains.

This one doesn't really need an explanation. Well, maybe a little. The Hollywood Hills and Griffith Park run together. They form a spine that seperates L.A. from The Valley.

Here is a pic looking down from the trails. The building is the Griffith Observatory.

This last pic is from one of the dead end trails and has some amazing views of L.A. (right side) and the Valley (left side)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

B-e-a-utiful! Love the pics. Very pretty!

Pambo said...

Lucky you. That is some gorgeous scenery. Poor you to be stuck inside.

Ashlee Osborn said...

OMG, I would be a much fitter person if I had those views to see while walking. Gorge.