Friday, October 16, 2009

Better to be Paranormal than just Normal

So, I just returned from my weekly outing (well, that's what it seems like these days). This week, it was the low-budge indie horror flick, "Paranormal Activity." It wasn't particularly original - if you've seen an episode of Discovery's "A Haunting" you'll be familiar (or any other tv documentary-style ghostie show), but perhaps that's what makes it seem so real. I think the scariest part came once the movie had ended and I had to drive back out to the sticks to a dark, empty house. Call me a glutton for punishment, but I love to be scared so I'm going to end the evening with an episode of "A Haunting". Whispering in the dark, shadows moving across an empty room, warm breaths on the back your neck from a mouth that isn't there... goodnight!

6 comments:

Pambo said...

Creepy! I like to watch "Paranormal State" on A&E. Kind of scary, but not enough for nightmares.

Anonymous said...

That movie was SO scary! I totally had nightmares last night! But I would totally see it again.

Blake said...

Also worth watching this Halloween, the new movie Trick 'r Treat! It's a pretty clever movie. Sort of a mix between Creepshow and Crash (with the intertwining stories). Although, I hated Crash, but I won't get started on that.

Ashlee Osborn said...

I don't know if I could have handled that movie...although, scary movies do appeal to me. I wish I would have been able to go. Have you seen the previews for The Stepfather? It has the potential to be either really scary or really stupid. I want to see it.

What did you hate so much about Crash? Now, I am curious.

Blake said...

"Crash," or as I like to call it "Hate Actually"... just seemed a bit contrived to me. Honestly, it's been so long since I've seen it that I can't remember what, specifically, I didn't like about it. It just seemed like Hollywood fluff version of independent movies that've already been made. I probably wouldn't have minded it so much if it didn't have all that hype and win all of those awards.

I would totally watch The Stepfather. It looks like it has potential to totally bomb, but I bet it'll be fun whether it's good or bad. Eye candy at least.

Pambo said...

Blake! Love my new notecards you made for Ashlee. AWESOMENESS on paper! Thank you, you creative thing, you!