Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Haunted Tea Party?

Here's a sneak peek at a little project on which I've been working (for no particular reason, other than the fact that it's what I wanted). It started out as a sketch. A little girl having a tea party with her stuffed teddy bear. Inspiration came from a vintage photo of a young girl having a tea party.

Cute, right? But, it quickly morphed into something else. Something a little more... sinister. I lost the teddy bear, added another little girl, a Ouija board, and...

I'll be turning it into a print, or a card, or both for Halloween this year. I've also completed another illustration in the series, and am in the process of a third. Stay tuned!


3 comments:

Ashlee Osborn said...

Love the transformation. Any plans of visiting Oklahoma? If so, let me know. I would love to go to Kupcakz with you (that is where the wonderful cupcake tower came from), and we still need to get around to that Philbrook visit. Hope you are enjoying NYC! Sounds like you are doing well.

Blake said...

Thanks Ash! All is well here. Hope you and the baby are moving along healthy and happy! LOVE Kupcakz! I'm trying to come back sometime in late August. Tell me, when are you due?

Ashlee Osborn said...

Blake! I just saw your comment, sorry. I am due September 12th. I am guessing you are coming in August to see your new little niece? I understand if you just have time for family visiting. But, if you do get a free moment while you're here, text me and let me know. Hopefully, I'm not waddling by then, and we could go somewhere.