Saturday, May 1, 2010

New York!

I'm in New York now, well, Brooklyn, but that's where all the cool kids live. :) I've been going to lots of shows/concerts since I've been here. All have been under $10 and a few have been free. I found out about Cyndi Lauper's new cd preview party and was, somehow, able to get on that list. There were about 25 people in the room, most were in the music industry, and we were able to preview 5 new tracks from her cd, Memphis Blues, which comes out on June 22nd. After the show, I was even able to speak with her.

Last night, I won two free tickets to see Gossip perform live. If you aren't familiar, you should check them out. Beth Ditto is large and in charge, and she has an amazing voice and stage presence.


Kelis (remember the song Milkshake?) performed some of her new music in a nightclub, so we went to see that, which was amazing. Pardon the crazy angles in the video... I'd had a couple of beverages and thought I was being creative... hahaha. I loved her lace one-sy and bedazzled tiara with cat ears. Her light-up mic stand was pretty rad, too.


We also went to see Dragonette perform, but I forgot to take my camera along, so there's no video from that show. One of my roommates friends puts on a weekly show with new/upcoming bands, so we've been going to those every week as well. In other words, I love NY. Yesterday, I heard back from a job interview at CB2 and was hired part time, so that takes some of the stress off. Anyway, I hope to continue going to shows and taking more video soon.

2 comments:

Ashlee Osborn said...

OMG, I LOVE CB2! They sell a wardrobe that I've had my eye on for quite some time. Congrats on the job. What will you be doing for them?

Also, I'm glad you're having fun in NY and settling in. We miss you here, though. Any plans of coming back to visit family (and friends!)?

Pambo said...

Blake! I'm glad you are having fun in NY. Glad you found a job, even if it's part time. CB2 is fun. Take care of yourself. :)