Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Classy, but get nasty at the same time...

"all about the paper, certified banker, call me Betty Crocker cause they always got to cake her"

Picture it... a Saturday night, Tulsa, 2009. A young-ish man sitting in his parents house with nothing to do. No one to dance with, have a drink with, and his parents have already gone to sleep.

Since I've been back in Tulsa, I've been missing the dance floor. My iTunes playlist lately has consisted of mostly dance-y type tracks. One of my favorites, always a flashback to Savannah, is Rasheeda... I know, it's ghetto, but she has that slow, sexy, southern drawl that reminds me of my post-college years (and all those slow steppin' savannah women). I don't much care for hip-hop, but I have a thing for nasty ghetto girls. It's fun to see how creative they can be with lyrics based on the same subjects in every song. Whether it's about money, like the quote above. Or, about clothes... "I got my red Gucci dress, red Gucci pumps, supa dupa fly, I give'em what they want". Or, just nasty... "all my flavas is juic-ay, down to the last drop, good and fruit-ay, you won't catch me on the youtube mov-ay, can't let just anybody play with the boot-ay"

It makes me laugh every time, and I just had to share Rasheeda:

3 comments:

Pambo said...

Okay. Now I'll have "I'm the kind of girl you wanna take to yo mama's house..." running through my head all day.

Ashlee Osborn said...

Will you please start referring to me as "Sheeda?" Oh, wait, I'm just not fabulous enough. I wish I was. I think her music will have to be added to my list of guilty pleasures, right below watching "The Hills."

Ashlee Osborn said...

P.S. Yes, we do need to hang out soon! I'll send you an email with my cell.