Wednesday, November 5, 2008

You can take a cow out of a cage...

California can vote for a black president, compromise their own food regulations for the sake of animal cruelty, but they insist on keeping gays as second class citizens. I guess I can't be too bitter, we did win the election with Obama and help prevent animal cruelty, but I can't help feeling a little sad. It's no wonder I've been driven so far away from the church. Look who was backing the Prop 8 measure: The far right, the Mormons, and Christians. I just don't see how they can be so full of hate. The Christian Coalition had the following to say:

"The American people are proud of their fellow citizens in the states of California, Florida and Arizona for upholding traditional marriage between one man and one woman. Christian Coalition of America will continue to fight to ensure that government serves to strengthen and preserve, rather than threaten, our families and our values."

No comments: